BCAA is hiring for a regular full-time Red Seal Automotive Technician in our new dual (combined) Auto Service Centre/Service Location based in White Rock, B.C. You would be responsible for the successful completion of each work order assigned to them and all other repair related issues while ensuring member/customer satisfaction. The Red Seal Automotive Technician is also responsible for the continuous improvement of their quality of work including their customer handling skills.
This position maintains general knowledge of products and services for automotive services and membership/insurance products in order to ensure a seamless customer experience throughout the combined ASC/Service Location.
- Properly complete the services and/or repairs with high quality in a timely manner to help deliver exceptional customer service
- Achieve technician productivity targets and customer satisfaction on an ongoing basis.
Ensure compliance with all environmental requirements and BCAA programs that meet or exceed governmental required standards.
- Ensure that all equipment is in proper and safe working condition. Maintain an overall safe work environment for all team members and in compliance with WorkSafe BC standards. Alert Management of any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Assist and mentor Apprentices / Lube Technicians, as needed, with difficult diagnosis and ensure that repair is proper and complete.
- Assist all apprentices / lube technicians in the shop as needed and oversee all comeback/recheck work for proper repair.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Complete training as assigned by BCAA.
- Ongoing review of available industry technical information to keep current of advances in technology.
- Communicate on a regular basis with Service Advisors regarding any changes in work status and/or completion status of vehicles.
- Communicate with Estimator on repairs required.
- Adhere to all applicable safety standards along with all operational policies and procedures.
- Other duties assigned as operationally necessary.
Automotive Red Seal Certificate. Current and up-to-date training of automotive technologies, with a focus on OBD-II courses.
3 years of experience as Journey Person Technician.
Ability to lift 70lbs, bend, reach, walk, and stand for long periods of time
- Proven interpersonal ability and communication skills with Members/Customers, internal team members, and suppliers
- Ability to professionally represent the BCAA brand to all stakeholders
- Highly motivated to provide exceptional Member/customer experience
- Proven analytical, problem solving, trouble shooting and decision making skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and meet tight timelines
- Ability to work varied hours including evenings and weekends
- Demonstrated Software Skills: MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; and Automotive DMS
- systems and modern scan tools
- Proven track record of continuous improvement mindset
- Clean BC Driver License Class 5 or better
At BCAA, we offer competitive compensation packages and excellent career advancement opportunities. To find out more, ask the hiring managers during your interview.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS JOB POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.